Playlist blogs are emerging as a distinct subgenre of MP3 blogs. As part of this they are taking on a common layout.
This blog entry catalogs layout patterns in these four playlists:
The following is the standard form of these playlists, in order from top to bottom:
- Date and time the post was created.
- An image related to the mood or theme of the playlist.
- Song list, with each song formatted like this:
- Direct links to mp3s.
- Link text usually formatted as “artist – title”
- Sometimes (2/4 cases) with “(release information)” appended.
- A paragraph or two of prose.
- The traditional footer of a blog post. This usually includes a permalink to the post and the date and time that the post was created.
- Comments on the playlist.
In all cases the blog home page incorporates the full text of the playlist inline rather than linking off to a separate document.